We often have people call us to come replace what they originally thought was a “good deal” on a ‘seemingly’ inexpensive water softener they regretted purchasing from a big box store (Lowes, Home Depot etc.) or online, because it crapped out after a year or two. Those are the lucky ones. Some people don’t even make it past the install!￼
Don’t be fooled into thinking you’ll be ‘saving a few bucks’ buying a water softener from a big box store, or worse yet, online (trust us, this comes from nearly 20 years of water treatment experience)!
- Those softeners are typically under sized, causing it to work harder, running out of salt and soft water quickly. Many don’t have enough power to even get the water to a gpg level that is considered soft, at that point you’re just wasting money on salt & electricity and still not solving your hard water problem.
- They cost anywhere from $500-$900 and then you still have to pay for install on top of that, which can cost anywhere from $500-$1000 (We have a professional licensed, insured plumber who installs all of our equipment and it’s included in the price).
- The warranty on these store bought / online units are extremely limited (we offer a 10 year “bumper to bumper” warranty on our softeners and a 10 year warranty on our reverse osmosis drinking water systems).
- When you have a problem or need service you will have trouble finding someone to work on your equipment because the big box store subcontracts the work and won’t come out to fix it.
- The electronic board in those units sit above wet salt fumes and corrode very quickly.
- They use a lot more salt and regenerate way more often than our larger more efficient softeners.
- Those water softeners are what’s called a cabinet unit. The resin tank is put inside the salt tank as one unit and the design has many flaws causing these units to malfunction or quit working often in just a couple years.
- If the plastic shell cracks for the salt tank you have to throw the entire softener away.
- Most are made overseas. All of our products are made right here in the USA!
In the long run the “good deal” isn’t so good by the time you pay someone to install it, add in all the additional salt & electricity it uses, the repairs, the headaches and the replacement of the system in just a couple years.
Call us today for an affordable, professional full-size unit you can depend on for many years to come, from a LOCAL company, installed by our professional licensed, insured plumber with one of the best warranties in the industry! PLUS, all of our equipment is made right here in the USA!
Give us a call today for a free water test and no obligation price quote 316-333-7600
Life is hard enough, don’t settle for water that is too!